Monday, September 14, 2009

A crazy weekend... however I am still kicking

Firstly, I apologise for the avid readers (yes - it also surprised me too that they exist) as I have been actually enjoying time away from my computer. To be honest I was doing my tax, which equals cleaning my room and finding my receipts.

The weekend was tough... not overly on the food front... just the curve balls that were thrown my way.
1) Football vs Dinner: finding time to eat twice a day shouldn't be too much of an issue, right? hmmm, not for me! With tickets to both of the AFL semi-finals on last weekend (purchased pre-crazy idea) I found myself not able to eat til after 10pm both Friday and Saturday night. The smell of a meat pie has never been so saddening.

2) House party: My flat mate had his birthday party at our house on Saturday. The food and drink available was even more saddening than the meat pies at the footy. Whilst everyone was throwing back the beer and wine, I was chugging down my 80 proof tap water. I called it a night just after midnight, being a grandpa and going to bed whilst the music pumped on into the early morning. The hardest part of this party was that my flatmate woke up and cooked himself the most tantalising hungover breakfast ever!

3) Another Flat tyre: Yes, it has happened again. I was on my way to a friends place for a few beverages (read: tap water) and my back tyre started hissing at me again. I had to pull over and walk my bike back home and break my rules again and drive to my friends house - this event saw me being over 30 min late to her place.

Apart from those few events, things are going well. I do feel a bit more lethargic, I am getting sick of oats, pasta and egg, and I AM CRAVING ANY FORM OF FLAVOUR...

But I had some big wins on the budget front (excusing the fact I drove 3 times!). These included:
- I ate less than I had planned for... ok, I know this is probably a bad thing, but it has given me some more money to spend on healthier and flavoursome items.
- Baked beans were 10c/can cheaper this week (may sound little, but this is giving me 5c/dinner more to spend of things with flavour!)
- Spinach is in the garden!!!! (5yo Richard would never have thought he would be celebrating that front!)

That is all from me tonight... thanks for supporting me through the first week.

Tomorrow should be an interesting day as I fly off for a day's work in Sydney - we have a really exciting partnership forming up there!!! Wish me lunch and that I have energy for those meetings :)

No comments:

Post a Comment