Friday, September 4, 2009

What am I doing???

So after announcing my decision to live off a dollar-twenty-five I have been pounded with the question - "What are you doing?"

I regretted announcing this decision here on the blog before I told my beautiful girlfriend, my family and my GPP colleagues. Everyone had a similar response to this:
Don't get me wrong, I love it (and you for it)! But please please don't let yourself get unhealthy! I don't know how you are going to manage to eat in Melbourne for a 1.25 a day...

So to truly answer these questions - "I don't know!"

But here is an outline of how I plan to do it -
1) I have restricted it to not include my rent or my utilities (maybe later on in the year)
2) $1.25USD = ~$1.5AU
3) I will do my weekly shopping for ALL food for the week on $10.50 (I am thinking WeetBix, Oats, Cheap Vegetables etc)
4) My transport will be on my bike to and from work
5) I will be starting on Tuesday after the busy weekend of proposal writing for our Monday AusAID submission.

Rest is game on...

I am still very nervous about doing this. But hey... lets really understand the plight of 1.4bn people.

No comments:

Post a Comment